Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hard Week

This week has been one if not the most difficult weeks I have had since I started this Journey to a Healthy Life. No one ever said it will be easy; however this week has pushed me to new limits. It broke me down and even brought me to tears. My encouragement seem not to be here this week, infact my push I uesly have felt like it was sitting on the shelf laughing at me. I cried out to God asking “why me, why now.” It’s a question I can not answer, but in the meantime I left the door open to satans attacks and that is just what he did. It is like that old saying goes “if you give him an inch, he will take a mile.” My mom and grandma use to tell me that. As I started my workout, my mind said, “Why do this no one really cares if you lose weight. Just give up Mark.” I allowed that to run my last most of this last week. However by mid-week I ran that thought back through my head and took authority over it.

God will not say “give up” and He will not discourage you. NO FOLKS! God is the opposite of all that. He my friends will encourage you NOT to give up. When you allow a thought like I did into your mind it starts to control you and your life. Like me you can take authority over it.

I had to refocus my workout and my mind to be back on Christ. I know to some that sounds foolish to have my workout focused on God. Infact I have been told it was foolish God don’t care about your workout. He dose care about every aspect of your life. He is my biggest encourager to finish this race I started and finish strong. We need to not leave these doors open for satan because he will attack.

Now its confession time. On Saturday we held BBM’s first ever Harvest & Costume Party. I went as a Pirate for all you minds that wanted that info (Picture at Bottom). However I cheated yes I said it cheated on the diet part of this lifestyle change. The good news and there is good news I pick myself back up and got back on that horse. I am going strong again.

Well folks, my time is coming to an end today. I want to encourage all of you today, no matter what I know we all get tired in this fight we are in. Trying to change our lives for the better. There are greener pastures on the other side. I know it is hard to see them now and at times they fell like they are never going to come. It will be here faster then you think. Stick to it, fight it out and YOU will see what I am talking about.

MEAL IDEA:

I love fried chicken, mmmmm. I am acturally crazy about it. However thanks to Tara, I got a sub for the flower, oh and its bakes not fried but still mmmmm good. Take your chicken breast and cut them up into strips, take an egg and beat it in a seperate bowl, dip the chicken into the egg, then roll it in French Fried Onions, then throw it in the oven and bake it. Last part of this is EAT and ENJOY. It is good for dinner and parties. I say you go and try it for yourselfs.

Thank you & God Bless
Mark "BigBear" Meyer

1 comment:

  1. I can tell you at least one person who cares. ;)

    And thx for the recipe idea!!!

    ReplyDelete